Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainy Day Ramble

Laughter is our innate realization that tragedy in our life is possible and even probable and our propensity to celebrate that absurdity when it is absent.

I remember staying over at Ricky Jackson’s house when I was fourteen. We were talking about girls and I mentioned one I thought was terrific, so he said, I think I will ask her to go steady with me. He just called her right up and asked her to go steady… but to my delight she turned him down. So he started dialing and asked about four others until one of them said, Yes I will go steady with you. I was flabbergasted at his bravery.

When I’m eating bacon, I don’t picture a pig in my mouth. Same thing with pork chops, although the name is clearly defined. In fact I never picture the hog byproducts in my hot dogs at the ball park or think about dead pigs at all when I am eating. But it’s a big fat pig right there in your mouth. Don’t kid yourself.

After I sent two aerial bombing missions of fire ant killer on to the mound, the death of the queen was assured. A lone ninja ant scaled my shoe to strike his revenge, lancing into my flesh repeatedly with his sacred sword. His subsequent flattening in one slap was an honorable death worthy of the warrior. The itching white pock he left was a memorial to him and his regal queen for days.

We like to have our photos taken with celebrity so our friends and family can see us standing beside someone whom they really admire.

When I was a kid, money was real stuff in my front pockets. Today it's just numbers on my computer screen that get moved to other places.

My definition of eternal creation is based on the building blocks. I believe that the sun is a nucleus, the Earth a magnetic field electron, & our solar system a single atom, & the universe a maze of atoms.

Mom’ Day is the ultimate one. She carried you 9 months, went thru labor, and was there for you all those years. Dad’s just made that initial deposit, and then went thru labor to make bank deposits for you all those years. It’s no contest.

Film is experienced from the outside in, but Music is experienced from the inside out.

Life is lived in a funnel, swirling with possibilities at the wide top but running out of options at the narrow exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment